Ganga Flood Control Commission (GFCC) carries out several activities as outlined below :-
- Preparation and updating of comprehensive plan of flood management.
- Techno-Economic Appraisal of Flood Management Schemes.
- Assessment of adequacy of waterways under road and rail bridges.
- Programming of implementation of flood management works.
- Framing of guidelines for quality control and maintenance.
- Monitoring of all flood management schemes funded by Central Govt. and important flood management schemes funded by State Government.
- Documentation and Dissemination of recommendations of special studies.
- Performance evaluation of completed Flood Management Schemes.